Sunday 28 October 2012

The week that was Vancouver

Well last night in Vancouver! Plan is pretty chill. Everyone in the hostel seems to be a little worse for wear today, because of Halloween so its not just me. There have been some riveting stories retold today and it brings cheer to my face not only are they truly epic drunken moments that all of the shameful ones are not me. Though in saying that my night was reasonably tame. I had to call it quits after realising that the strongest cheapest saki is cheap for a reason. However it did lead to some DnM time with fellow snow goer Steph and now good friend Steph. 

Halloween had been talked up so much that once again it was one of those events whose potential is there but was far from what I had been lead to believe. In saying that I can say with such confidence it was the weather. It has been non stop cloud and drizzle since I landed on Wednesday morning, its clear that say its put a damper on alot of peoples spirits. Therefore it is my mission next year to seek out the greatest Halloween street party in the northern hemisphere.

Due to the weather as well I havent really been bothered to explore this city too much. Again I can see that it teems with potential but I find it to be more of a town rather then that of a city. City's to me are the busy London's, New York's and Paris's. This is more of an Edinburgh but a little bigger, but does have the one thing that makes a city a city, street bums, which are ever plentiful. But I did venture out over Granville Bridge to South Granville, where my likening for the city actually lies. Its a much prettier side to the city and people over there are even more friendly then the ones in Yaletown and Westend. Not only that they actually have some pretty decent shops and the side streets where lined with the Red, Yellow and Green leaved trees, which as Steele says are "very canadian".

Tomorrow I leave to head to Kelowna on a Greyhound Bus. I am actually looking forward to it because although its about 6 hours, I'm told that the scenery is amazing. This time though I am not getting my hopes super excited, and it will be what it will be. It will be sad to leave the lovely people I have met at the Samesun but, off to bigger and better things. I will endeavour to get some pictures up at some point, but here is one from last night! Mad Cow!

223701_10151302478972783_2057113511_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment