Thursday 4 October 2012

Breaking the Desk Chain

I never went without as a child, though I never had it all. I had needs and wants, fads and fazes. Somethings stay with you forever and some you forget about after a week. Travelling the world is an experience that some go without, some never need or want or even cross there mind. But... For me travelling is a life enriching game, that I crave, I want and need and will NEVER tire of, or probably win. As long as I commit, I know she will give return.

Hi my name is Melinda, I'm 24 and currently reside in Newcastle Australia working as an accountant. But not for long... I'm trading my calculator for a Snowboard and hitting the slopes of BC, Canada at Big White Ski Resort. Say bye bye computer and hello scrubbing brush. I have a position as Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor, and start on the 5th November. And right now, 20 days out from a one way ticket to Canada I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!


How did I get here. I didn't come to this decision lightly that's for sure. I had a great job and great people around me. Family. Friends. But... I couldn't resist, it was too easy. I love it when things fall into place, and just work, like snow on slope. After one phone call to my travel agent and dear friend Hayley, and a string of Facebook posts to my best friend Jarrad, who resides in London these days, I found myself dialing The Working Holiday Club. And from the moment I had the phone interview, I knew, this is it. I am moving to Canada. 

Whilst I refer to my job as being great, it is stressful, no doubt about that, and probably attributes greatly to my loving relationship of alcohol. Having TWHC help me not only apply for my visa, secure me a job and throw AWESOME parties, it was a welcome ease into my life. If I had questions, they were answered. If i was feeling nervous about further interview, they pulled me back to earth with "secret being awesome" tips. If I needed to communicate with fellow Canadian goers, they put my onto there various social networking sites. And if I just wanted chill and actually hangout with some like minded people, they throw a shindig! I've already met so many people that I truly love and i'm not even there yet. Another bonus to travelling the world. I cannot believe how easy its been, and its made the wait so much more bearable. 

Some final thoughts before I finalise my first ever internet blog. What lies before may not be easy, leaving friends and family. What I hope is that it's everything I dream and from what I have experienced so far it will be. I'm breaking the chain from my desk and jumping back into the world that I crave so much!


Peace Out
See you on the slopes (i'll be the one on my arse)


No comments:

Post a Comment